PUSOD Inc is looking for a Project Officer – Forester
Pusod Inc. is a non-stock, non-profit environmental organization, headquartered in Lipa City with projects focused in Batangas Province. Pusod envisions a world where people and communities are energized by their cultural and ecological wealth; live with reverence for earth and all life; and naturally prosper in diverse, self-sustaining local economies in which all beings thrive. To learn more about Pusod please visit http://pusod.org/pusod/.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Program Manager on Environment, implement forestry activities within the program/project framework and ensure timely submission of deliverables.
- Organize and/or conduct training for community-based groups and other partners to increase their knowledge and technical capacity on forestry activities. Provide technical input to partner community groups to improve overall production of seedlings and seedling survival.
- Knowledgeable in GIS for accurate mapping, geotagging and GPS reading.
- Monitor the growth and survival of seedlings planted and determine appropriate interventions when needed.
- Ensure the proper documentation of forestry activities and progress of projects and contribute to writing of reports.
- Prepare work programs, status updates and monthly project budget requests and liquidation.
- Manage procurement of program/project supplies and materials and consultants as needed.
- Coordinate with local government and other stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient program/project implementation and sustainability of initiatives beyond the program/project period.
- Work with other staff of Pusod in developing programs/projects and proposals.
- Completed a university degree on Bachelor of Science in Forestry
- At the minimum, with 2 years’ experience in implementing forestry projects
- Strong team building, relational, interpersonal and communication abilities and skills
- Work beyond office / working hours if needed
- Willingness and ability to travel to program areas
- Proficient in English language and technical writing